The introductory Lecture (Tom Davis)
Using Libraries (Maureen Bell's lecture from last year)
- Are the booked rooms the only places for group study?
- How many books can you take out on your card?
- How many books can you take out in one visit/ in total?
- Where are all the Encyclopaedias in the library?
- I'd like to know exactly where I can work in silence and
where I can work in a group.
- What are periodicals for?
- Printing newspaper articles.
- Is it possible to renew books you have on loan on the
phone? If so, what is the telephone number?
- Why is it so big and scary?
- When will Talis be speeded up?
Presentations (Ros McCulloch)
See also the 4S Study
Skills program developed by Ros McCulloch, which has pages
Selecting and using written sources
Getting the most out of lectures
Giving an oral presentation
Writing academic essays
Preparing for and sitting examinations
Working with Computers (Tom Davis)
Working with the World Wide
Web (a web site about the Web, mainly for literary students,
consisting of an extensive set of links and notes)